Impeach Bush

Dedicated to exposing the lies and impeachable offenses of George W. Bush.

Friday, April 18, 2008

'If History Can Take Me Back, I Will Kiss the Statue of Saddam Which I Helped Pull Down'

April 31, 2008
'If History Can Take Me Back, I Will Kiss the Statue of Saddam Which I Helped Pull Down'

BAGHDAD, 10 April 2008 — Ibrahim Khalil, who five years ago took part in the toppling of a giant statue of Saddam Hussein in central Baghdad, said yesterday he now regrets taking part in the hugely symbolic event.

"If history can take me back, I will kiss the statue of Saddam Hussein which I helped pull down," Khalil said on the fifth anniversary of the statue's toppling. "I will protect the statue more than my own self," Khalil said in Firdos Square alongside a monument erected where Saddam's statue once stood before US Marines and Iraqis strung a chain around its neck and brought it crashing down.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home